Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pharmacy... or Soap Opera?

First off, I must apologize for not posting for the past two days. I start a blogathon and then can't even keep up with it! What is up with that?! I don't exactly know. Anyways, there shall be restitution in the form of... two blogs on a later date! Huzzah! And now for our feature presentation...

I work in a pharmacy. While it might sound like not too much goes on, just counting pills and such, it is full of more drama than you know. I don't know how it came up, but someone the other day compared it to a soap opera. And then we started thinking of popular soap operas and changing the titles so that they were pharmacy related. Well, today as I was reading Dear Abbey, I noticed the soap opera update. It made me think of those funny pharmacy soap operas we made up. So, I thought of one for every single one, and I decided to share them with you, my adoring fans! (Ha ha, like I have adoring fans.) So here they are. I do have to give Annie some credit on these, as some of them are the ones we thought of the other day. Enjoy!

All My Children - All My Patients OR All My Patience*
As the World Turns - As the Pharmacy Turns*
The Bold and the Beautiful - The Old and the Wrinkled
Days of Our Lives - Drugs of Our Lives*
General Hospital - General Pharmacy*
Guiding Light - Buzzing Fluorescent Light
One Life to Live - One Life to Live Buying Drugs
Passions - Passions* OR Passions Controlled By Antipsychotics
The Young and the Restless - The Young and the Addicted*



*These ones are the ones Annie and I talked about at work.

3 comments:

Tawni said...

I love the titles!

Um, yeah Derek is my...friend... ;)

Kristen said...

haha. From everything I've heard about that place, those titles sound pretty accurate.

Annie said...

My favorite is the Young and the Addicted. It fits so well!